So, the wait is going to be over now. Yes, Google+ has now revealed the feature of custom URL for your profile and pages. Earlier your profile id was a long number, which was not looking good anyhow to any user and most of the users hated this feature. But, the good news is that, now you can use a custom URL name for your Google+ profile as well as Google+ pages. So, hurry and get your desired username before someone else gets it.
What is Google+ custom URL?
Here are some special features of Google+ custom URL:
- It represents unique identity in a proper manner.
- It is short and easy to remember for users.
- The ‘+’ symbol before custom URL makes is special.
Actually, Google+ has started to send emails to the users to setup a custom URL and that was the way how I got to know about it and have setup a custom URL for my Google+ profile. I just needed to follow the steps mentioned in the mail and then my Google+ profile.
My earlier profile link: https://plus.google.com/113375735430905447162
After getting a custom URL: https://plus.google.com/+GaneshNarayanGupta
Below is, how you can get a custom URL for your Google+ profile. Have a look at it:
How to get Google+ custom URL for profile?
In order to get a custom URL for your Google+ profile, you need to follow some conditions. Firstly check your email, if you have received any regarding setting up a custom URL for your profile and pages. If, there is a mail you can go and setup the custom URL. Some things you should know about custom URL setup:
- Your profile must have a profile picture.
- You must have at least 10 followers.
- Your account must be at least 30 days old.
So, isn’t it an easy task to get a Google+ URL? You can ask your friends to follow you, if you are having an account. Setting up a profile pic is never a big deal. So, I hope now you are ready to get a custom URL for your profile. If you meet the above criteria, you need to follow these steps, in case you do not receive an email for getting a custom URL:
- Login to your Google+ account.
- Select Home>>Profile.
- Now, you will see a blue color floating bar on the screen asking you to apply for it.
- Generally, it will show you +yourname which you can change at the time of setup.
- Confirm you choice by hitting the button ‘Confirm Choice’.
Remember: Once setup, you cannot change it. So think carefully before applying for it 😉
This is a very simple process and very less time taking. Now, you have setup a custom URL for your profile, I guess J
How to get Google+ custom URL for pages?
- Eligibility criteria for local Google+ pages: Must be verifies as a local business
- Eligibility criteria for non-local Google+ pages: Must be linked to a website. You can link your website in the ‘about’ setting as contributor.
You can get custom URL for your page also by an email request or about tab of your page. Here are some links, you would like to visit:
- Google+ Profile: google.com/+customURL
- Google+ Posts: google.com/+customURL/posts
- About: google.com/+customURL/about
- Photos: google.com/+customURL/photos
- Videos: google.com/+customURL/videos
- Plus Ones: google.com/+customURL/plusones
I hope, this guide will help you in getting your custom Google+ URL. Now it is your turn to tell me if you have either got your custom URL for your page and profile or you are still looking for it in the comment section below. Thanks for reading the article. Have a nice day.