Usually we don’t care who is viewing our Tweets and default setting of Twitter also make your tweets visible to all.
Do you know that if you want then you want then you can make your tweets protected from outside world and only selected people (approved by you) can see your tweets?
Twitter provides two types of Tweets setting
- Public Tweets
- Protected Tweets
Who can see your Public and Protected Tweets?
- Public Tweets are visible to everyone, whether or not they have a Twitter account.
- Protected Tweets will only be visible to your approved Twitter followers.
How to protect your Tweets:
- Login to your Twitter Account.
- Go to your Security and privacy settings.
- Scroll down to the Tweet privacy section
- Check the box – ‘Protect my Tweets.’
- Click on Save button. You will be prompted to enter your password to confirm the change.
How to unprotect your Tweets:
You can make your Tweets public (or unprotected) anytime by unchecking the Tweet privacy option (see above steps) in your Security and privacy settings and then click on save button