Rooting of android phones enables you to install custom ROMS. Custom ROMS are free from the limitations which are present in the stock ROM. However to install this you need to ROOT your phone. This will remove the limitation of installing only official ROMS.
- 70 to 80% battery Charge
- USB debugging Mode enabled
Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- Back up personal and important data
- Softwares required
Download Odin, Samsung USB Drivers , UPDATE –SuperSU-v1.00.zip root package , CWM_gt_i9082_droidviews.tar.md5
Make Sure to Extract The Zip Folders. Do not extract the UPDATE –SuperSU-v1.00.zip root package. Move this file just as it is downloaded into the microSD card and insert this microSD card into your Galaxy Grand Duos.
Rooting voids your phone warranty. We are not responsible if any damage happens to your device while performing the procedure. So, follow at your own risk.
All the tutorials and download links are collected from internet and various sources. We are not responsible for any damage in your device. Here we are putting our best to collect and publish accurate articles.So, Follow the tutorials at your own risk.
NOTE : This rooting is done through CWM recovery. Steps for installing that are given below.
- Go to the Odin download mode in your smartphone. For this turn off your smartphone and press VolumeDown + Home Button + Power Button . This will show you a warning. Press volume up button to enter the Odin Mode. Now connect your phone to the PC or laptop via its USB cable and launch Odin. Odin will show you a green or yellow signal. It will also show Device Added messages. This mean that your device is successfully connected to Odin.
- Find PDA option and click on that. It will ask you select a file. Navigate to the place where you extracted the CWM_gt_i9082_droidviews.tar.md5 folder. Now select CWM_gt_i9082_droidviews.tar . Verify that only Auto Reboot & F.reset time options are marked. Leave the rest unchecked.
- Once verified, click on start.
- Once completed it will show you a PASS message. It will install CWM recovery MOD on your device.
- Turn off your Grand Duos now. Press ‘VolumeUP+Home+Power’ Button altogether. This will turn the phone ON. You may see Samsung logo blinking twice. After this only leave the power button. But do not leave the Volume Up + Home button until you see a menu with some options.
- ON this screen touch will not work. Use the volume up down for navigation and home button for selecting an option. Pressing the back button will take you one menu back the present one.
- From this menu, navigate and select install zip from the SD card. Find the zip folder with the name UPDATE-Super SU-v 1.00.zip which you copied earlier. Once you find it select it and then select yes to confirm.
- This will take some time and once completed the press the power button to go in the previous menu and then select reboot the System Now. This will reboot your system.
Your ‘Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos’, is now successfully rooted along with the most use CWM Recovery Mod.