HTC One is one of the most popular Android devices in the market under premium products category. The phone features ultra-fast performance, and is one of our favorite designs till date. If you want to make amendments to the basic fundamentals of Android installed in you HTC One, you would require a root access. After you have rooted the device, you can easily navigate to advanced options and even crack into the sophisticated file system of the mobile.
Before proceeding with the installation, read these important points:
- The tutorial is meant exclusively for HTC One. Do not dare to try it on any other device, as it will just lead to a dead device.
- Create a full NANDROID backup of your current ROM by using custom recovery image.
- You must keep a backup of your messages, contacts, important documents, images, etc. before starting the installation procedure, so that your vital data is not lost.
- Make sure that your device has at least 60% battery power before you go on.
- Follow all the steps carefully, as one small mistake will make your mobile get damaged beyond repair.
What you will need?
Android SDK, USB rivers, and fastboot drivers are required to complete the procedure. You can get all the drivers needed by installing HTC Sync Manager, and fastboot and other files are available via HTC Dev site.
Rooting/Un-rooting voids your phone warranty. We are not responsible if any damage happens to your device while performing the procedure. So, follow at your own risk.
All the tutorials and download links are collected from internet and various sources. We are not responsible for any damage in your device. Here we are putting our best to collect and publish accurate articles.So, Follow the tutorials at your own risk.
Steps to Root HTC One
- Navigate to HTC Dev site, and follow the instructions to enter bootloader mode in your mobile. You would need to turn off your device, and then press volume down and power button simultaneously to access it.
- Once you enter this mode, highlight the fastboot mode using volume up down keys, and select it with power button. After this, reconnect your phone to PC.
- On your PC, open the folder where you saved all the ADB and Fastboot files, and then open cmd.
- In cmd, type “fastboot devices” and press enter. Device ID would be visible as HTC One.
- Now enter “fastboot oem get_identifier_token”. You will get a block of text, which you need to copy and paste to HTC Dev site, if asked for. Once HTC sends you unlock token, you need to place it in the Fastboot folder.
- Now type “fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin” to unlock your phone. Now it’s time to root your HTC One.
- Reboot your mobile normally. Download the SuperUser zip file from Koush, and transfer it to your phone.
- Now download TWRP Recovery (http://teamw.in/project/twrp2) and place it where you placed all your ADB files with your Fastboot.
- Open new window of cmd, and once again make your device go to Fastboot mode. Just type “fastboot flash recovery.img”, and press enter.
- Switch off your phone, and turn it on once again in bootloader mode by pressing volume down and power button simultaneously.
- Now select recovery mode and wait.
- After Recovery, you need to install the SuperUser zip. Once it is done, the zip will flash, and finally your HTC One would be rooted.