Are you an android user? Do you want to transfer your files or apps from your android tablet or mobile phone to your SD card? Or just wish to have a backup of your data? Here is the solution in this article of your queries.
Why SD Cards?
Actually, when your data is stored in the SD card it is very easy to transfer the data from one device to another and use it anywhere. Generally, smartphones carry good memory size, but it can be further expanded using SD cards, and you can directly use SD cards in other devices. Generally it is seen that users are able to transfer the files, but they face difficulties when it comes to apps transfer. Let’s have a read of this article to know the solutions.
How to Save Files directly in SD Card?
By default, files are stored in your android device, but you can change the settings to save these files in your SD card. Here is a simple guide to do so:
- Go to Settings of your android device.
- Now, go to Storage option.
- Here you can see an option for saving files to SD card by default. Just enable it and the files will be saved automatically to your SD card.
You can set up the settings for different files according to their apps. Different android versions may have little variance in settings.
How to Transfer Files from Android to SD Cards?
To move or transfer your data to SD card is not a big deal. I am going to explain how to do it.
- Go to File Manager (or something similar as in your device, where files are stored). If you don’t find any file manager, you can download file manager apps from Play Store also like Astro File Manager etc.
- Using a file manager, you can access to the files directly, from where you can copy the files and paste them to new location (in your SD card).
- Now, delete the original file. If there is a move option in your file manager, you can move them directly.
- In some android versions you can directly transfer your data to SD card by an option of transferring data to the SD card in Storage settings.
- You can also use a PC and a data cable to transfer the data to SD card. In PC you will be access the files directly of your Android device and SD card both.
So, I guess now you can perform this task easily. Let’s head towards the tough one, transferring the apps from android device to SD cards:
How to Transfer Apps from Android to SD Cards?
Here is very simple way to do this:
- Go to the Apps menu.
- Find the App, which you want to move.
- Then check the settings of that particular App, if it is allowing you to transfer the app into your SD card.
- If it allows, you can do it easily.
Why I called it tough? It seems so easy. Here are the reasons:
- Some app providers do not allow you to transfer files from Android device to anywhere else and then use them. You have to use apps in an android device only.
- Some apps require your Google account and in this case it may be tough to use them outside Android devices.
Over to You
This is all in this article. If you face any problem in this article or have got any issue or any other better way, let me know using comment section. If you want article on some special topics, you can also mention those. Thanks for reading.