Suppose, you are a king. But, you are not aware of your powers. Are you supposed to be such a king? Obviously, NO. So, it is the time to know your powers and prove yourself as a king.
Oh, what am I talking about? Are you confused? Oh yes, it seems to be different than the title mentioned above. But, it is directly mentioning the title.
Yes, I am saying you a king; if you own an android device. But, are you aware of the most useful features of an android device. Android smartphones have proved their importance in last few years and most of the smartphone users are preferring android devices.
So, if you are using android, you should know the important features an android device consists of. In this tutorial, I am going to explain the way to turn your android into a Wi-Fi device. Let’s begin:
What is Wi-Fi?
Obviously, this is not the question to discuss about here, but I would like to give a brief idea about it to the people who are new to it. Wi-Fi stands for Wireless Fidelity, which allows us to use internet service without using radio waves.
Every user uses Wi-Fi on android device to access the internet, but have you ever thought about turning your android device into a Wi-Fi router, so that others can access the internet using the internet service of your internet provider.
Also Read: Top 10 android apps, you should have
What is Wi-Fi hotspot?
Wi-Fi hotspot allows you to use your phone’s data on multiple devices, which are Wi-Fi enabled. In android devices, this feature was first introduced in version 2.2 known as Froyo. Below version 2.2, you need to install third party apps for it like FoxFi, Elixir 2, and Extended Controls etc. So how will it work? How do you turn your android phone in a Wi-Fi hotspot?
How to turn android into Wi-Fi hotspot?
Here is a step by step procedure, which is almost similar in all the android devices. So, just follow it and you will be able to do it easily.
- At home screen, go to the Settings Menu.
- Here you can see an option for Wireless & Networks.
- Here you can see an option for Tethering & portable hotspot. Tap at it.
- Enable portable Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Tap Portable Wi-Fi hotspot settings. Here you can edit the name of your Wi-Fi network and choose a password.
- Now, you can see your phone’s network in your laptop or other smartphones/Wi-Fi enabled devices.
- Select the network and enter the password. Now, you are connected and can use the internet from this android device on your Laptop or any other device.
Important Points to remember:
- Always keep your password hard to guess or crack, so that you are avoiding unwanted access and you are away from hackers and the data loss.
- When the hotspot is not in use, turn it off. It will not even keep your data secure, but also saves the battery life.
I hope, this tutorial will help you in using your android device as a Wi-Fi hotspot. There are many other software also, which you need to download and install to do the same process, but I do not recommend it in the later versions of android starting with 2.2. If you have any queries, you can ask below using comment section